Hi, I am Bertalan
- university student (BSc) at BUTE
- software developer (C, Java)
- math lover
I am a Hungarian computer science student born just barely in the last century. My interests include free and open source software, mathematics, languages (both the natural and the programming kind), and cooking. When I go out, I like to cycle or go on a light hike. On the artistic side, I have played the harp for several years before I started my uni studies and I like to occasionally draw or write.
|Piarista Gimnázium, Budapest (grammar school)||2011–2017|
|Budapest University of Technology and Economics (BSc programme)||2017–|
- I am a big fan of self-hosting, which comes with a fair bit of sysadmin skills. I am quite familiar with Linux & Unix systems; currently I rock OpenBSD on all my boxes.
- I can code well in Java (I recently developed a RESTful webshop backend application as part of a uni assignment, acquainting me with Spring and JPA).
- I also code in C.
- Other languages I am familiar with, ordered from most familiar to least: Perl, Python, C++, C#. I also do a lot of shell scripting (sh, bash).
- I have been a LaTeX user for a long time, so I have quite some experience with it.
- I am familiar with the common HTML, CSS, JS trio.
Should you have any questions, suggestions, or problems, feel free to contact me at
bp99 at bp99 dot eu
or find me at…